Code of Ethics and Conduct - the NEXCO East Nippon Group
1. Basic Corporate Course of Action
Expressways are the essential social infrastructure that is deeply rooted in people's lives and contributes to the development of our country's cultures and industries for a long time in the future.
Through the offer of the expressway space that is safe, secure, comfortable, and convenient and the initiatives for the effective utilization of it, We, the NEXCO East Nippon Group, would like to consider ourselves as the trustworthy body for the society. We are always harmonious with the society by meeting the social responsibilities as a corporate citizen, who has a good effect on various aspects such as the society, economy, and environment and by executing the mission that we contribute to the enrichment of the citizens' living quality and the sound development of the national economy,
The NEXCO East Nippon Group will strengthen this kind of trust from the society and, in order to fulfill our corporate social responsibilities, will establish a good corporate ethics and always act justly, with fairness, and with integrity, not to mention comply with the laws and rules, domestic or overseas in a lot of management aspects.
Officers and persons responsible for each organization shall lead and set the example of this code's spirit as this is their own role, thoroughly disseminate the spirit within the company, and improve the effective internal organization for that purpose. When a situation contrary to this code occurs, they are the ones who shall be in charge of finding a solution to the problem, discovering the cause to prevent the reoccurrence, and giving an explanation.
2. Our Course of Action
- We act not only in compliance with the laws, the company regulations, and the social code but also based on high ethical standards.
- We act, always prioritizing the rightness, fairness, and integrity, in the light of the public nature of the expressway businesses,
- We respect all the fundamental human rights and do not discriminate against reasons such as ethnicity, race, nationality, religion or political belief, thought, occupation, gender, birthplace or family status, disability, age, etc.
- We do not engage in any type of harassments including remarks and behaviors to hurt the dignity of individuals based on sex, work status, social class, etc.
- We are not involved in any forced labor or child labor.
(Attitude toward customers)
- We always think about customers first and consider what we should do in order to improve the core of our business activities, that is, "safety, security, comfort, and convenience".
- We constantly listen to opinions of customers and respond promptly and accurately.
(Protection of personal information)
- We recognize the importance of protecting personal information and handle personal information carefully and properly so as not to infringe individual's rights and interests.
- We thoroughly and securely manage information to prevent personal information leakage and loss.
- We always conduct transactions in accordance with fair, just and transparent procedures.
- We thoroughly comply with the Antimonopoly Law and the Act for the Prevention of Collusive Bidding at the Initiative of Government Officials
- We do not have unhealthy relationships with business partners, taking advantage of the business position.
(Responsibility to shareholders and investors)
We strive to improve the corporate values through efforts such as strengthening our financial structures through endless optimization, developing new businesses, and enhancing the branding.
(Disclosure of Information)
We promote communication with our shareholders and investors and enhance the transparency of our business activities through appropriate disclosure of the corporate information.
(Responsibility to communities)
We dedicate ourselves to the development of the communities as a corporate citizen, attempting to tighten the ties more with them and performing initiatives that more directly affect the lives of the people there.
(Preservation of road assets, etc.)
- We manage and operate expressways and related facilities, which is an important social infrastructure for the development of the national economy and the enhancement of people's lives, and endeavor to succeed them to the next generation.
- We properly manage all tangible and intangible corporate assets including the company brand and intellectual properties, striving to improve their values.
(Handling of antisocial forces, etc.)
- We handle antisocial forces and organizations that pose a threat to the civil society with a resolute attitude, and block all relationships.
- We handle customers, who do not obey the rules when using expressway, in a resolute manner.
(Responsibility to the international community)
- We comply with the laws and regulations of the countries and regions where we do business and respect various international norms such as human rights.
- We respect the cultures and customs of each country or region and perform business activities, which are based on a relationship of trust with stakeholders.
- We do not engage in illegal acts such as giving profits and convenience to foreign civil servants, etc. or proposing or promising it, in order to gain illegal profits with respect to international commerce transactions.
- We make efforts to control waste generation and work on saving resources and reusing in order to reduce the burden on the environment associated with our business activities,
- We dedicate ourselves to business activities while taking the preservation of biodiversity in the communities and the maintenance of the healthy ecosystem into account.
- We promote the formation of a gender-equal society that highly respects human rights, diversity, personality, and individuality, do not do any harassment or discrimination against sex, gender, and physical disabilities, and seek to create a work environment that prohibits any of those.
- We endeavor to create a safe and hygienic workplace environment.
- We retain the innovation mind with the self-awareness as professionals, challenge ourselves to try out new things, and nurture a corporate culture where people find the job rewarding.
When we are unsure of what action we should take, we make decisions based on the following criteria.
- Whether laws and regulations are violated
- Whether the trust and the brands of the NEXCO East Nippon Group are damaged
- Whether the judgment is made after paying considerable attention based on sufficient information
- Whether your judgment can be explained to your family or friends with confidence