NEXCO EAST Group Code of Ethical Conduct
1. Basic policy for corporate behavior
Expressway are an important social infrastructure that is deeply rooted in people's lives and contributes to the development of Japan's culture and industry for many years to come.
We, NEXCO EAST Group have a mission to contribute to the healthy development of the national economy and the improvement of the quality of life of the people by providing safe, secure, comfortable and convenient Expressway spaces and making effective use of them. By responding and fulfilling our social responsibility as a good corporate citizen in all aspects of society, economy, environment, etc., we want to be in harmony with society and be trusted by society.
NEXCO EAST Group does not allow such trust in society and fulfills its corporate social responsibilities.In addition to complying with domestic and overseas laws and rules in all aspects of management, we have established a high ethical standard. , Always act with the aim of fairness, fairness and integrity.
Officers and responsible persons of each organization take the initiative in setting the spirit of this Code as their own roles, thoroughly disseminate it throughout the company, and establish an effective internal system for that purpose. When a situation that violates this code occurs, we will try to resolve the problem, investigate the cause, prevent the recurrence, and fulfill our accountability.
2. Our Code of Conduct
(1) Observance of rules
- We not only comply with laws, company regulations and social rules, but also act based on high ethical standards.
- We will always act with fairness, impartiality and integrity in view of the public nature of Expressway business.
(2) Respect for people
- We respect the basic human rights of all people and discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, race and nationality, religion and political beliefs, ideology, profession, gender, origin and family, disability, age, etc. I don't.
- We will not engage in any harassment or other behavior that damages the dignity of an individual due to gender, official authority, or status.
- We are not involved in any forced or child labor.
(3) Relationship with customers
- (Attitude toward customers)
- We put our customers first, and always think about what we should do to improve the "safety, security, comfort, and convenience" that is the basis of our business activities.
- We will always listen to the opinions of our customers and respond promptly and appropriately.
- (Protection of personal information)
- We recognize the importance of protecting personal information, and handle personal information carefully and appropriately so as not to infringe the rights and interests of individuals.
- We will thoroughly manage the safety of personal information in order to prevent it from being leaked or lost.
(4) Relationship with business partners
- We always carry out transactions in accordance with fair, impartial and transparent procedures.
- We will thoroughly comply with the Antimonopoly Act and the Government Rigging Prevention Act.
- We do not have an unhealthy relationship with our business partners that takes advantage of our business position.
(5) Relationship with shareholders and investors
- (Responsibility to shareholders and investors)
We will endeavor to enhance corporate value through efforts such as strengthening our financial position through endless efficiency improvement, developing new businesses, and improving our brand.
- (Disclosure of information)
We promote communication with our shareholders and investors, and increase the transparency of our business activities through appropriate disclosure of corporate information.
(6) Relationship with society
- (Responsibility to the local community)
As a "good corporate citizen," we will contribute to the development of the local community by conducting business activities that are closely related to the lives of the local people while further promoting cooperation with the local community.
- (Maintenance of road assets, etc.)
- We will manage and operate the Expressway and related facilities, which are important social foundations for the development of the national economy and the improvement of people's lives, and strive to pass them on to the next generation.
- We will properly manage all tangible and intangible company assets, including the company brand and intellectual property, and strive to increase their value.
- (Response to antisocial forces)
- We will respond to antisocial forces and groups that threaten civil society with a resolute attitude and cut off all relationships.
- We take a resolute attitude against passers-by who do not follow the rules when using the Expressway.
- (Responsibility to the international community)
- We comply with the laws of the countries and regions in which we do business, and respect various international norms, including human rights.
- We respect the culture and customs of each country and region, and conduct business activities based on a relationship of trust with our stakeholders.
- We will not engage in illegal acts such as providing profits or conveniences to foreign public employees, making applications or promises, etc. in order to obtain unfair profits in international commerce.
(7) Relationship with the environment
- In order to reduce the environmental impact of our business activities, we will work to reduce the generation of waste, save resources and reuse them.
- We will endeavor to carry out business activities in consideration of the conservation of local biodiversity and the maintenance of a healthy ecosystem.
(8) Relationship with employees
- We promote the formation of a gender-equal society with respect for human rights, diversity, personality, and individuality, and do not discriminate or harass at all based on gender, age, and physical disability. We will strive to create a work environment that does not allow
- We strive to create a safe and hygienic work environment.
- Based on our awareness of being a professional, we will foster new challenges and foster a corporate culture in which we can feel a sense of work while taking on new challenges.
[Four judgment criteria when you get lost]
- When you are uncertain about what you should do, judge based on the following criteria.
- Do you violate laws and regulations?
- Do you not damage the trust and brand of NEXCO EAST Group?
- Is it a judgment based on sufficient information and due care?
- Can you be proud to explain to your family and friends?