E5AShiribeshi Expressway(Yoichi IC-Otaru JCT)
About traffic situation etc. six months after opening
2019 Aug. 1
East Nippon Expressway Co., Ltd.
After opening on December 8, 2018 (Heisei 2020) (Shiribeshi) motorway (SHIRIBESHI EXPRESSWAY 6 months after the opening of Yoichi (Yochichi) interchange (IC)-Otaru (Otaru) junction (JCT) (December 9 2019 (2018)2019) We will inform you about traffic conditions on June 8).
The use situation of six months after 1 opening(reference:Attachment 1【PDF: 753KB】）
- The traffic volume of six months after opening SHIRIBESHI EXPRESSWAY Approximately 3,900 vehicles / day between Yoichi IC-Otaru Shioya IC
- At Golden Week, it averages about 7,600 vehicles / day. At peak time about 10,500 vehicles / day (May 4)
- Traffic volume between Yoichi-Otaru (SHIRIBESHI EXPRESSWAY And the total of National Highway No. 5), SHIRIBESHI EXPRESSWAY About 10% more than before the opening of service ・ In Golden Week, it increases about 20%
- The traffic volume of the national road from Yoichi IC to the surrounding tourist area is also increasing
2 Tourism status of Golden Week(reference:Attachment 2【PDF: 1.4MB】）
- Growth of traffic volume above average on all roads during the holiday season (Golden Week)
- At tourist facilities along and around the opening section, Expressway Excursions are promoted, and in many
(3) Voices of people along the Shiribeshi Expressway(reference:Attachment 3【PDF: 745KB】）
- We received voices of joy such as "travel time has become shorter" and "tourism has increased."
reference:別紙4「後志の夏を遊びつくせ!～後志道（余市IC～小樽JCT間）の開通で夏の各種 イベントへのアクセスがより気軽に!～」【PDF: 282KB】