Due to typhoon 19E18About face-to-face traffic on Joshin-Etsu Expressway(Usui Karuizawa IC-Saku IC)
East Nippon Expressway Co., Ltd.
E18Joshin-Etsu Expressway between Usui Karuizawa IC ~ Saku IC, due to the impact of typhoon No. 19, but had been carrying out closures, and emergency construction work is completed in the local, 2019 on October 23 at 6:00 The road has been lifted and you can now travel in a face-to-face (one lane in each direction).
When traveling, please observe the traffic precautions and drive safely.
In addition, traffic congestion is expected due to traffic concentration on weekday morning and evening hours, especially during weekends when traffic is heavy. When you go out, please leave with sufficient time and check the latest traffic information.
Although emergency work has been completed, it is necessary to continue this restoration work, so it is expected that it will take a considerable amount of time to resume traffic in the four lanes. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
1 Regulatory status (schematic diagram)
2 Notes on traffic
-  One-lane two-lane section is tentatively operated with one-lane one-lane traffic.
-  50km / h speed regulation will be implemented. We ask for your cooperation in safe driving while complying with local regulations.
-  In the event of traffic jams, please cooperate in preventing rear-end collisions by turning on the hazard lamp at the end of the traffic jam and signaling the following vehicle.
-  The suspension is canceled as an emergency measure, and in order to ensure the safety of traffic, the closure standards for rainfall, etc. have been temporarily reduced (see the table below). Please check the latest traffic and weather information.
Rainfall closure standards (Joshinetsu Expressway Usui Karuizawa IC-Saku IC)
|Normal standard||190㎜||190mm ・ 40mm / 1h|
|Interim standard||100㎜||70mm ・ 30mm / 1h|
3 One-lane, one-lane traffic image
[Face-to-face traffic] (1 lane on each side)
4 Traffic jam prediction
The occurrence of traffic jams is predicted as follows.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but we ask for your understanding and cooperation.
If there will continue to be an impact on the year-end and New Year holidays, we will inform you separately about the lane operation method and traffic forecast.
Latest traffic conditions
- Road traffic information NOW! ! ―Japan Road Traffic Information Center
- Drive traffic (PC / smartphone)
- Drive traffic (mobile)
- NEXCO EAST(Road disaster prevention information) Official Twitter
- NEXCO EAST(Kanto) Official Twitter
- Road traffic information that can be obtained while driving
· Road information board
· Highway radio (AM 1620 kHz)
The section being broadcast is Expressway We guide you by the sign above.
· Highway Information Terminal
We are informing wide area road traffic information by monitor screen etc. installed in SA · PA.