Prediction of traffic congestion during summer traffic congestion period and measures [in Niigata Prefecture]
The peak of traffic congestion Out-bound August 12 (Sat), In-bound August 13 (Sun) / 14 (Mon)-
July 14, 2017
East Nippon Expressway Co., Ltd.
NEXCO EAST Niigata branch (Niigata city Chuo Ward), summer traffic congestion period from Nagaoka fireworks to Bon Festival[15 days from August 2 (Wed),2017 - August 16 (Wed)]We compiled the places where traffic congestion due to concentration of traffic in Niigata Prefecture is predicted and their countermeasures.
1 Request for Distributed Use
- On Expressway in Niigata prefecture, during the period,At peak time 1 km or moreWe are predicting traffic congestion.
(The place where traffic congestion is predicted,Attachment 1【PDF: 329KB】、Attachment 2【PDF: 122 KB】As of)
- This congestion prediction is based on the traffic situation in the past traffic congestion period and was predicted.
- Traffic situation will change greatly due to accidents and weather conditions, so please check the latest road traffic information before departure and have time to relax. Regarding the method of obtaining road traffic information and the request for using the Expressway safely,Attachment 3【PDF: 110 KB】Please refer to it because it is described in.
2 Initiatives for Congestion Control
Regarding congestion countermeasures, we plan to implement the following initiatives based on this congestion prediction and past congestion situation etc. Also, in the past traffic congestion period, we plan to secure large car parking, taking into consideration that small cars stopped to park large vehicles and caused trouble to customers of large cars.(1) main line section
- In-bound speed decrease reminder measures at the hill, such as ※ 1
- Countermeasure reminder measures against traffic congestion tail
- 1: In-bound in the section where the speed such as temporarily slope decreases, shrinks inter-vehicle distance, for congestion by vehicle braking occurs,LED indicatorWe will provide speed recovery information.
- Arrangement of parking lot researchers at rest facilities
- Secure large car parking
3 Extension of business hours of resting facilities
During the summer traffic congestion period, we are waiting for customers to visit us by Large our regular business hours.
Please note that business hours will vary depending on the break facilities.Attachment 4【PDF: 173KB】See