Traffic situation of Expressway year-end and new year (in Niigata Prefecture) (preliminary report)
December 28, 2017 (Thursday)-January 4, 2018 (Thu) 8 days
(2016 comparison period: December 28, 2016 (Wed)-January 4, 2017 (Wed) 8 days)
January 5, 2018
East Nippon Expressway Co., Ltd.
NEXCO EAST Niigata Regional Head Office(Chuo-ku, Niigata City) summarized the traffic conditions during the New Year period.
- The average daily traffic volume in the 10 main sections is affected by snowfall compared to the previous yearApproximately 6% decreaseDid.
- Traffic Out-bound The peak of the line is December 30 (Sat), In-bound The peak of the line was January 3 (Wednesday).
- The traffic jam count of 5 km or more isOnce(0 in previous fiscal year).
- The largest traffic jam length is around 14:45 on Wednesday, January 3E17Kan-Etsu Expressway (In-bound line) It was "12.5km" that occurred due to the effect of a broken car near the soil barrel PA.
Main section during one period※1Daily traffic volume of※2 (Unit / day)
|Year over year
B / A
|E8Hokuriku Expressway||Parent unknown IC ~ Itoigawa IC||13,300||14,800||90％|
|Joetsu IC - Kakizaki IC||13,900||15,000||93％|
|Goto Iguchi IC - Niigataishi IC||32,700||34,500||95％|
|E17Kan-Etsu Expressway||Water IC to Yuzawa IC||24,100||24,800||97％|
|Ojiya IC - Nagaoka IC||16,700||17,400||96％|
|E 49Ban Koshige||Tsugawa IC ~ Mikawa IC||6,400||6,900||93％|
|E18Joshin-Etsu Expressway||Shinano-cho IC - Myoko Takahara IC||12,600||13,500||93％|
|Joetsu Takada IC - Joetsu JCT||9,700||10,900||89％|
|E7Japan Sea Tohoku Expressway||Niigata Central JCT ~ Niigata Kameda IC||12,700||13,000||98％|
|Holy basket Shibata IC ~ Nakajo IC||8,300||8,700||95％|
|10 sections average||15,000||16,000||94％|
- : "Main section" is the interchange section near the prefectural border and near major cities, "Traffic volume" is preliminary figures.
2 Congestion status
FY2017 Traffic occurrence situation during the New Year's Holiday (maximum traffic congestion length 5 km or more): 1 occurrence
|Road name / direction||Congestion section||Traffic jam peak date and time||Maximum congestion length||Traffic jam
|Traffic start to end time|
|Near the barrel PA ~
Shiozawa Stone IC near the IC
|January 3 (Wed)
|12.5 km||Broken car||11：15～
FY2016 Congestion occurrence situation during the New Year's Holiday (maximum traffic congestion length 5 km or more): No occurrence