E4Tohoku Expressway Ichinoseki IC and Hiraizumi Maezawa IC (upper and lower lines)
By Hiraizumi smart interchange business
Day and night continuous lane regulation (all day)Carried out
2019 April 18
East Nippon Expressway Co., Ltd.
Tohoku Regional Head Office Office Kitakami Administration Office
NEXCO EAST Kitakami management office (Kitakami City, Iwate Prefecture),E4Tohoku Expressway Ichinoseki Interchange (IC) and Hiraizumi Maezawa IC (upper and lower lines), we will implement daytime and night continuous lane regulation from May 9, 2019 (Thu) for the Hiraizumi Smart IC (SIC) establishment project.
Construction from reducing the number of available traffic lane from two lanes to one lane, Iwate area Tohoku ExpresswayOn the Out-bound line between Ichinoseki IC and Hiraizumi Maezawa IC, the maximum distance is about 3 km (around 15 minutes) between 8 o'clock and 20 o'clock on July 13 and 15Traffic congestion is predicted. In addition, we forecast traffic congestion and congestion less than 1km on other weekends. I apologize for the inconvenience, butIf you are planning to use the construction section on a holiday on which traffic congestion is expected to occur, please do not hesitate to use the traffic section for cooperation.
Traffic information will be posted on websites such as "DraTra" during the construction period, so please check out before using the Expressway before going out.
1 Construction section
Tohoku Expressway Ichinoseki IC and Hiraizumi Maezawa IC (upper and lower lines)
2 lane regulation period and congestion forecast
Ichinoseki IC-Hiraizumi Maezawa IC: May 9 (Thu)-August 2 (Fri), 2019 (86 days)
- We will also work on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- Bad weather may change the regulation method.
- If construction is completed early, the deregulation time may be changed.
During the construction period, traffic congestion is predicted.Between Ichinoseki IC ~ Hiraizumi Maesawa IC, In-bound June in line (16 days, 22 days, 23 days) up to about 1km (transit time approximately 5 minutes) to 10 18 o'clock o'clock of Out-bound July (13 days in line , From 8:00 on the 15th) up to approximately 3km (passing time approximately 15 minutes)Traffic congestion is predicted. ※ 1
I apologize for the inconvenience, butIf you are planning to use the construction section on a holiday on which traffic congestion is expected to occur, please do not hesitate to use the traffic section for cooperation.
※ 1 In-bound approximately 1km (June 23), approximately 0.5km (others)
Out-bound up to about 3km (July 13th, 15th), about 0.5km (others)
3 Construction regulation steps
Between Ichinoseki IC and Hiraizumi Maezawa IC, the number of lanes decreases from 2 lanes to 1 lane, with both the upper and lower lines restricting the traveling lane or passing lane.
The maximum speed will be 50 km / h in the lane control section, so please follow the signs on the site and drive safely when using.
[Step 1] Regulating the driving lane on both the upper and lower lines Period: Thursday, May 9, 2019-Friday, June 7
[Step 2] Restrict passing lanes on both the upper and lower lines Period: Friday, June 7, 2019-Thursday, July 11, 2019
[Step 3] Control the traveling lane for both the upper and lower lines Period: Thursday, July 11, 2019-Friday, August 2, 2019
[Step 4] Completed switching period: August 2, 2019 (Fri)-
4 Construction Overview
With the construction that Hiraizumi SIC will establish between Tohoku Expressway Ichinoseki IC and Hiraizumi Maezawa IC, we will construct a structure that crosses the Tohoku Expressway.
In order to construct this crossing structure by cutting the Tohoku Expressway currently in service, it is necessary to bypass the Tohoku Expressway, and traffic control is performed to switch lanes in stages.
5 Requests when using
-  Over the course of approximately 3 km, the existing two-lane one-lane contract will be reduced to approximately three kilometers, and one-day one-lane continuous day and night lane control will be implemented. During the construction period, traffic congestion is expected from the implementation of traffic lane restrictions including day and night, including weekends and holidays, so if you use the section, you will be required to drive more safely, Please make sure to leave time and time when using the service.
-  When traveling in the lane regulation section, please observe the regulation speed, secure the distance between vehicles, and be careful about rear collisions etc.
- 【3】 In the vicinity of the construction site, construction vehicles go in and out so please pay attention to the traffic ahead.
- 【4】 During the construction period, we will provide construction regulation information utilizing road information boards and street signs and call for attention for safe driving. Please check this information when traveling and thank you to travel safely.
-  Please check the latest traffic information on websites such as DraTra before you go out.
Information providing image around the construction site Photo
Road information board
6 Efforts to minimize inconvenience to customers due to construction
Strengthen information provision
In addition to the information board on the Expressway(electricity bulletin board), the regulation schedule will post banners and the like on the main line and the installation of standing signboards for rest facilities around Iwate Prefecture.
Public information signboard (resting facility, IC)
Straddling Expressway banners to the Bridge
Simple LED sign
Expressway information such as congestion status
We are providing NEXCO EAST Road Traffic Information Site "Dora Tora" with real-time traffic information.
Display example of real-time traffic information
7 How to Obtain Road Traffic Information
- NEXCO EAST Website "Construction regulation information(Provides information on local construction regulations)
- NEXCO EAST Road Traffic Information Site "Doratara" (Provide highway traffic information nationwide)
- Highway telephone
We provide 24 hours a day highway telephone (automatic voice) traffic updates on Expressway updated every 5 minutes.
Morioka station 019-639-1620
(Mobile phone · PHS speed dial # 8162)
- NEXCO EAST Customer Center (A 24-hour operator will respond.)
0570-024-024 or 03-5338-7524
- Road traffic information of Japan Road Traffic Information Center (JARTIC)
050-3369-6761 (Tohoku region · High speed information)
- Road information board
- Highway radio (AM 1620 kHz)
The section broadcasting the highway radio is indicated by a sign on the Expressway .
- Highway Information Terminal
Wide-area road traffic information is announced on monitor screens installed at SA and PA.