E4Tohoku Expressway Kunimi service area up and down line
In temporary facilities with renewal of facilities
We will further reduce sales and parking space
<< Please use neighboring SA and PA >>
2019 May 10
East Nippon Expressway Co., Ltd.
Tohoku Regional Head Office Fukushima Administration Office
Nex-area Company Limited.
NEXCO EAST Fukushima Administration Office (Fukushima City, Fukushima Prefecture) and Nexeria East Japan Tohoku Branch (Miyagi Prefecture Sendai City), in order to deliver more comfortable and convenient service,E4We are carrying out the renovation (full improvement) of the facilities in the Tohoku Expressway Kunimi service area (SA) (upper and lower lines).
In conjunction with this, we will switch to temporary facilities (stores, toilets, etc.) for rebuilding of the current facilities.Although SA facilities (sales at temporary facilities) will continue to be available, the current parking space will be reduced further, and construction will be conducted while limiting the parking lot and sidewalk area, so the number of vehicles that can be parked will be significantly reduced.
Congestion is expected due to the decrease in parking space, so please use the nearby SA, parking area (PA), or take a break with plenty of time to help alleviate the congestion.
We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause our customers to be safer, more secure, comfortable and convenient, but we ask for your understanding and cooperation.
In addition, along with the progress of construction in the future, we will notify once more about the contents of regulation etc. once it is decided.
1 Construction site
Tohoku Expressway Kunimi SA upper and lower line
2 Construction Contents
-  Switch to temporary facilities (shops, toilets, etc.), decrease in parking space
-  Demolition work of existing building (shop, restroom etc)
|Car model||Out-bound line||In-bound line|
|Increase and decrease||(Current)||→||Construction
|Increase and decrease|
|Compact car||51 cars||→||32||-19||89 units||→||32||-57|
|A large car||13 units||→||13 units||± 0 units||12 units||→||11 units||-One|
|Large-sized car / small-sized combined use||8 units||→||8 units||± 0 units||13 units||→||9||-4 units|
|Bus priority||4 units||→||4 units||± 0 units||3 units||→||3 units||± 0 units|
|trailer||3 units||→||3 units||± 0 units||4 units||→||One||-3 units|
- ※ 1 details areAttached Figure 1-1【PDF: 370KB】、1-2[PDF: 397KB]Please refer to the.
- * 2 Temporary shops (with snacks), vending machines, temporary toilets (including multi-functional toilets), gas stations, and EV rapid charging stations are available.
- * 3 For SA / PA that can be used in the neighborhoodAttached Figure 2【PDF: 156KB】Please refer to the.
- * 4 The large and small dual-purpose mass indicates the number of vehicles available as large vehicles.
- ※ 5 As trailer mass of In-bound line decreases, please use neighboring SA, PA.
3 Construction start date
-  temporary stand-temporary toilets of switching Construction:2019 May 21 days from (Tuesday) 9:00
-  Demolition work of existing building: From late May of 2019
4 Customer window
NEXCO EAST Customer Center (24 hour operator will correspond.)
・0570-024-024 or 03-5338-7524